The latest and greatest on what I’m working on right now.
Find me on the Internets at such place as…
It’s life in a post-Uberman world for me. My projects right now:
- Growing the Go Farther community. Check it out on Facebook.
- Building the Startup Selling Sales Accelerator Program for a January 2017 launch.
- Keeping in shape for a 30k race in mid-December
- Prepping for a week in Portandia for Thanksgiving. Awesome!
It’s been quite some time… I’ve been pretty absorbed these past few months training for Uberman – The World’s Toughest Triathlon.
Here are a few photos & videos documenting the experience. I hope you’ll check them out:
My end to Uberman (video)
Starting the run (video)
Bike finish, run start (video)
Starting the bike (video)
Change of plans after the swim (video)
- Week 3 of a killer stretch working with clients, traveling, teaching, and otherwise building the business
- Prepping for anniversary + birthday weekend next weekend. Yay!
- Down time this week – taking two of three days as free days to recharge.
- A heavy dose of customer 1:1. Deep dive strategy sessions, including travel to the Emerald City.
- Super duper happy about my workshop at General Assembly in Seattle.
- Learning that reducing costs is just as good as increasing revenue. Duh.
- Day 29 of my 31-day run challenge. I’m behind just one run.
- A full day in San Francisco with current and future customers
- Pushing through a heavy week
- Refining my message and process
- Getting to a decision with prospective customers
- Following up on speaking gigs
- Two customer development calls with experienced technology sales executives/startup CEOs.
- Two client sales strategy calls to help them in the tactical part of their current sales projects.
- Reviewing the week’s work, and identifying my chosen path forward for content development and marketing.
- Day 8 of my 31-day run challenge
- Paring down to that one thing that matters most with my business. I think it’s going to be video.
- Two articles worth reading: “2016: Go All In” by Derek Halpern and “Audit Where Time is Spent” by David Cummings.
- Day 7 of my 31-day run challenge
- Knocking off my ten sales calls. Mostly focusing on follow ups with incubators and accelerators I’ve met with over the past two months.
- Recorded a Startup Selling podcast episode this morning.
- Hosting two weekly coaching calls for Startup Selling clients. One early AM for East Coasters & Europe. One late afternoon for everyone else.
- Couple of sales calls. Call with marketing consultant to help me set up live events & workshops in Jan & Feb.
- Seeing the fruits of yesterday’s labor re: setting up customer development calls: 11 outreaches via LinkedIn,
- Day 6 of my 31 day run challenge
- More time at home the next few days with my wife traveling.
- Engaging with Startup Selling clients to see what their priorities are for the week so I can be sure to help them where I can.
- Competing with myself and my expectations. Working through a little mental burnout after pushing hard yesterday, then arising early today.
- Self-regulating by taking a break to go for a run and eating well – lots of fruit today.
- Plowing through my ten sales calls, and asking for time from startup founders & CEOs for customer development interviews.
- Posting on Quora as part of my new marketing calendar. Today’s post here re: enterprise software startups & using resellers and partners.
- Starting my 10-day sales call challenge: 10 sales calls per day for 10 days = 100 sales calls.
- Two calls with potential clients. Nice to have these set up from hustling over the holiday weeks.
- Day 4 of my 31-consecutive-day-run challenge. Getting back to fitness. Prepping for the racing year ahead.
- Thinking through the ideas, thoughts, lessons and accomplishments from this past year.
- Here’s the short list: congruence, doing video, “inside out marketing,” personal routines, sticking to a schedule, benefits of coaching, everything is a process, the importance of customer development.
- Thank you to the people that helped me this year, especially: Jeff Turner, Byron Davis, Taki Moore, and Krisstina Wise. And of course my completing awesome wife, without whom I would not be able to do any of this.
- Finishing the day early today to shut down for a couple of days.
Email or text me if you want to know more about anything I’m working on:
(415) 596 0804
(Many thanks to Tim Ferriss and Derek Sivers for their podcast interview in which Derek talked about the NowNowNow movement.)