– Woke up at 6:53am, thinking it was 4:30am, and maybe slightly disappointed because it was 6:53am already which meant significantly less time to myself in the early morning for reading and whatever. Then I realized I went to bed at 11pm and it was much better to have had the extra sleep. (Yes, this is my life… 🙂
– B woke up soon thereafter. Did FaceTime with my parents. Played with MarbleMaze. Breakfast.
– New Year’s Day Crossfit workout which I dubbed the “20-15 workout.”
20 reps of 15 exercises for time:
- Wall balls
- Wall ball cleans
- Mountain climbers
- Kettlebell swings
- 20-second plank
- Dead lifts (I added these during the workout)
- 1500 meter run
** Note: Got the idea from a similar workout on Christmas we called “The 12 days of Christmas – 25 reps of 12 exercises.”
– Lena flew us from Davis-University (EDU), over the Sonoma County to the coast so we could see the Buddhist temple, then we flew up the coast to Point Arena, then back home.
– Now it’s late afternoon, and I’m thinking about dinner out – Thai, Indian, Irish place… Something, anything other than cooking.
– We cooked lamb last night, which was planned for the grill except when Lena opened the grill to cook, she found a rat’s nest complete with live rats. We eschewed the grilling part for dinner…